Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Lovin'

Every Sunday when I leave for church, I look up the street to see if my neighbor went to church that day. He has some health issues, and I rarely see him even though our families are in the same ward and I nanny for his sister. Nine times out of ten, his car is in his driveway. It makes me sad that he doesn't really get out much, but I never really know how to help (I'm not exactly the most gifted socially), and bringing cookies just doesn't seem like enough.

The other day, I Stumbled Upon a list of creative date ideas. I liked many of the ideas on the list (and hopefully I'll get to try them out one day!), but one in particular stood out to me:
Buy flowers and give them to random people on the street who look like they need a “pick-me-up”
Now, I'm not saying I'm going to buy the guy flowers - he doesn't seem the flower type. This just really made me think about random acts of kindness I could do to brighten his, or anyone else's day.

So far, I'm just going to try and get him to come to church with a common friend of mine next week, and I am definitely going to try go give out flowers at Southlands sometime this week, but those are just a few things ideas.

What are some creative random service ideas you know of to brighten someone's day?









P.S.: This is my 100th post! Just had to let you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment