Thursday, February 25, 2010

Peace

I've been pretty happy with life over the past few months. I used to get into funks sometimes, but I'd managed to avoid them so far this semester until this past Sunday. It's not that it was a bad day or anything, I just was melancholy for whatever reason. There are a few things that can help me feel better, like playing video games with friends, singing, or going for a walk. Since I was unable to do the first two, I went for a walk. It was around 9:30, and it was freezing. My mind was just full of things that were making me unhappy at the time, so I wandered around the stadium, thoughts aimlessly streaming through my head. I sat down for a while outside the stadium trying to get my thoughts straight, but it didn't really help. Disappointed with my failure to calm my thoughts, I started home. As I reached the road by the stadium, I glimpsed the temple, shining as a beacon of hope in the night. New strength came to me as I started up the hill towards the temple. Somehow, I reached the top without fatigue, then dashed across the street. Serenity came over me as I reached the temple. There were a few cars in the parking lot, so I decided not to really linger, but just being there for a few minutes was all it took: my mind cleared and I finally felt peaceful and happy. As I walked home, I could feel God's love, and I just didn't feel so alone anymore. It was just a great experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment