Wednesday, December 2, 2009

God Bless America...

So today in my Humanities 262 class (American Humanities 1865-Present) we talked about the Vietnam war and the effects it had on American society. It was really around this time that we stopped trusting our politicians. I wonder what it would be like to be able to trust our president...that would be a strange concept to today's America. The morality of our culture has declined so drastically since then that I often find it hard to imagine a world worse than this.
Then I remember the Book of Mormon and the Bible.
There were times in Earth's society when people were so bad that God had to destroy them. Sodom and Gomorrah must have been completely wretched, as well as the people of the Earth before the flood. Some of the things that are described in the Book of Mormon are simply barbaric. These things, to me, show that the world still has a long way to fall before the Second Coming. I don't think that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment