Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Coloring

So I went to the library today with my family and one of the books on display was The Color of Style. I checked it out for fun, and now I know what colors are best for me. Great, right? If only I could afford new clothes to match this. The colors suggested were to be worn in different situations, such as romantic, relaxation, and professional. As well as this, I found that I'm an "antique winter." This is associated with things such as musk, organdy, and James McNeill Whistler, an American artist I actually know a lot about from one of my Humanities classes last year. He was a revolutionary painter that really started the abstract movement. My favorite is "Nocturne in Black and Gold: the Falling Rocket" (the public insisted on the second part, he wanted his art to be viewed purely for the way the color worked together).

No comments:

Post a Comment