Monday, May 31, 2010

Deutschland

There are a lot of families in my family's ward here in Parker that have some sort of connection to Germany. Well, not a lot...but a good amount. Most of the families are connected to Germany through a mission, unsurprisingly. My family has made some strong connections with those in our ward that share our German love (also unsurprisingly...), and so we decided that we should have a German party.
It was probably one of the most random assortments of people in my ward, but we had a good time. Everyone brought some German essen, which was delicious. Our feast included: Rouladen, Spaetzle (which I made with my mad skills), Goulash, boiled potatoes, cucumber salad, and german potato salad. Not to mention dessert...basically, I forced myself to deal with my tooth pain to be able to enjoy this wonderful feast. We then spent the evening listening to stories of Germany...it made me really miss it.
Maybe I'll take off the whole year.
Maybe I'll go on a mission.
Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment