Saturday, May 15, 2010

I must admit, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.

I had this dream last night of someone I miss dearly...It was the best experience I've had since I left Utah. Why did I get out of bed? The two of us were so happy together, which is something that never actually happened in reality. My imagination is the only place I can be with him. He's just so perfect for me, but apparently I'm not what he's looking for.
Oh well.
I'm watching Pride & Prejudice for the millionth time. It gives me both hope and despair, however odd it seems. I love it though...even if it is the shorter version. It's far more romantic that the long one, which is something I need right now. What a beautiful era...we've lost a lot of beauty and honor with the feminist movement. I dislike this. I'm not a romantic in the usual way, but I adore romance when it is more...personalized? Clever? Well, for example, in the movie Stranger Than Fiction the main character gives the woman he likes, who is a baker, flours. Isn't that sweet? It made me cry.
If I can't have someone else, I've decided just to become the best me and if no one likes me then, then obviously the world has no taste.

1 comment:

  1. Rachael.
    - I think it is humorous you got called to be ward pianist. So I guess that means you are going to the Single's Ward full time now?
    - I think the long version is romantic too! I mean, not as romantic in a modern way but those intense glances and stares? I mean, seriously.
    - Have you seen Leap Year? It has Amy in it, and it is SO CUTE. I cried.
    - Sorry about the dream. Probably doesn't make it any easier to get over him.

    ReplyDelete