Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rachael!

This was going to be a post about me wishing people would stop trying to define me, but you know what: that doesn't matter.
I have been fed spiritually so much this weekend by Sister Ann M. Dibb and the speakers from the two Sacrament meetings I heard today. Sister Dibb really made President Monson (her father) and the other General Authorities seem so real, and like normal, imperfect people. She made us laugh with tales of the untapped power of pie that all women have. She challenged us to lighten up someone's life every day, and to act as reflections of God's love. Because, well, it's about love. We should walk were Jesus would walk if He were here. We need to smile!
I hope to be just like her when I grow up.
And scripture study. I think my life would be infinitely better if I studied the scriptures every day. You'd think it'd be easy for someone that loves reading...
I also should really clean out my media library of anything that contains offensive content, both music and movies.
Do you ever feel like perfection is possible, if you just work harder?
I know I do.
Besides, true happiness can only come through God.

I love Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment