Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time and All Eternity

I was never one to get homesick.
Girls' Camp, EFY, various overnight field trips...I didn't really miss my family. Not because I didn't love them or anything, it just wasn't a big deal to be gone for a week.
The first time I ever really missed my family was my first night in my apartment freshman year, all alone (I moved in a week earlier than everyone else).
Recently though...I fear for their safety when they're sleeping upstairs. My parents are in Utah and my sister is at a choir retreat in the mountains, but I miss them so much. It's weird, since I never really felt this before. I don't want to leave them.
Lately, I've been talking to some people that aren't very close to various members of their families. For whatever reason, those friendships were never formed. I wish I could share what I have with them; I couldn't imagine not being close to my family, both immediate and extended. Life would be a miserable place without family.
It'll be good to have my sister out at BYU with me, but I'm grateful for the fact that we're sealed for time and all eternity. Together forever; what more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment