Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Team Sports

I'm not a very athletic person...I realized just how dumb I sound when talking about the team sports that are a bit less popular in America. So here's a random list of how well I understand the most popular team sports, from the best knowledge to the worst.

  1. Baseball - it's pretty darn basic as far as rules and strategy go.
  2. Soccer - I grew up playing it, but I'm the first to admit my knowledge isn't perfect.
  3. Basketball - also pretty basic; NBA Jam anyone?
  4. Volleyball - I know much of the rules...it's an application thing.
  5. Football - I've got the basic premise down, as well as most of the positions and rules. Don't ask me about the plays though.
  6. Hockey - again, I know the basics, but I have no idea about strategy or anything.
  7. Rugby - basic idea...like football, but without pads, more contact, and throwing people into the air.
  8. Lacrosse - I know that you throw the ball to each other with sticks, hit people, and try to throw the ball into the goal. Yay!
  9. Cricket - Something with hitting the ball and running back and forth between two posts...I think.
  10. Polo - It's on horses. With sticks and a ball.
All in all, I will never be a sports expert. In a perfect world, no one would ask me about them, but this isn't my world to control. So...ask me how to play baseball, or about college football teams. I know more than your average 6-year-old girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment