Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Embarrassing Moments

This memory was on my mind for some reason today, so I thought I'd share.
One night during my freshman year at BYU, I was walking home from the testing center - I think it was around finals time. It was dark, and I was heading East towards my dorm in Heritage. As I was lost in thought looking at the mountains, I saw a small glow appear in Provo Canyon. When I registered what I was seeing, I kind of freaked out a little bit. There was a glow growing in the canyon - I was thinking it was an alien or a fire or some dramatic light show. I walked a bit more quickly as I neared home, confused as to what one Earth (or otherwise!) It could be. I rushed into my apartment, finding only one of my roommates home: Jana. I quickly explained to her what I had seen, taking her outside to show her.
Then, with a bit of a disbelieving tone, she said, "that's the moon, Rachael."

No comments:

Post a Comment