Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter

After trying to decide on a major for my first two years of school, I left thinking it would end up being something I have to settle on - liking it a decent amount, but never really happy about it, let alone excited. Then I changed my major to Communication Disorders, start the semester, and wow! I know this is only the second week of the semester, but I just love the classes. It's all so interesting and talking about the career opportunities really makes me excited for the future I can have with this degree. Yes, I really have to go to grad school, but that's ok. It's not like I have any plans to do anything else right now - I really just have to get my grades up.

Anatomy is going to be alright, though I'm NOT excited to work with the cadavers. Honestly, I've never seen a dead person before so...yay...

Sign Language is fun, but I doubt I'll really remember a whole lot once it's done. I pick it up alright, though it makes me long for German again - where I can actually talk! I'm really glad I'm not deaf or mute.

In other news, there is no snow. There have been a few flurries, but nothing of substance. I'm starting to miss all of the snow in Colorado! My roommates are nice and fairly normal if a bit on the LOUD side. Holy guacamole they're loud. I really like the apartment though, especially having only three roommates. Seems more homey that way.

Tomorrow, Emily and I are driving down to St. George/Las Vegas for my cousin's wedding. It's weird that my cousin (who is two years younger than I am) is getting married, though not entirely surprising. I think that sort of thing kind of runs in the family - her mom got married at 19 as well.

Anyway, good sailing and blue skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment