Monday, April 12, 2010

Endings and Beginnings

It's the end of my second year at BYU. Tomorrow is the last day of classes, then it's reading days and finals. There are those in my ward that I'll never see again. It's kind of sad, really. I never took the chance to get to know a lot of them, and those I do know I wish I knew better. There were opportunities missed that I regret...a lot. It's too late now. Far too late for what could have been. Endings. I'm done with Women's Chorus. I auditioned today for Sister Applonie, who is screening for the other choirs as well. She told me I should try out for Concert Choir and Singers...so that's what I'm doing. These are my beginnings in the next few weeks. My Concert Choir audition is Thursday, and my Singers audition is a week from tomorrow. I'm terrified...This is the time to use what I've learned in my Psychology of Performance class this semester. Relax. Declare my preparation complete. Sister Applonie said I needed to relax and take deeper breaths...as usual. It is so hard to get past this. Some people have a gift: confidence in performing. I don't have this gift. Another new beginning?
I have a job interview this week. School ending is a new beginning I suppose...the beginning of summer. Funny how that works...every ending is a beginning. People are leaving, but people will come to replace them. If there is one thing I am excellent at is beginnings...and endings. Moving so often does have its benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment