Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day. It is my second favorite holiday (nothing is as wonderful as Christmas), which can be partly attributed to the fact that it's so close to my birthday (did I mention I'm 21 now?), but I believe that a holiday that centers around love is wonderful.
I just love love. I love loving friends, family, and lovers (not that I've ever had a Valentine). I love making and sending Valentines. I love bringing smiles to peoples' faces, preferably anonymously, as I tend to be pretty awkward when receiving compliments/thanks. Love brings joy to our lives, a light in the darkness. The love of God is the best love of all, and it surrounds us constantly. The more we express love, whether it be to God or those around us, the happier we are!
In the spirit of love, happiness, and simple pleasures (as those all go hand in hand in my mind), you should check out the most recent post on Marc and Angel Hack Life, 365 Simple Pleasures to Brighten a Year, as well as this Ted talk by Neil Pasricha, the author of 1000 Awesome Things, another wonderful blog.

Plumbers are red
Hedgehogs are blue
Press start to join
and be my player 2

Happy Valentine's Day!
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment