Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GYR: Day 6

It's 11:55, so I'll try to get this posted before midnight...but it's not likely, since this is the question and I have no idea what the answer is:

6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?


There have been many trials in my life that seemed huge at the time, but now seem to have passed so quickly. I moved a lot, and that was hard, but I moved on and adjusted. Just as I've done with everything God as thrown in my path.
Oh. I know.
I can't really expound upon the specifics, but there was something that I needed to do for years and years in my life, but was too afraid to do. I was afraid of judgment, embarrassment, and pain. I was afraid of the change in my life that would come because of it - change I wanted, yet not enough to leave the comfort zone I'd created. It took me about seven years to finally take the step, to cross the fence, to take that leap of faith. And it was wonderful. My fears were for naught, and I wished I had done it years before. It was really the point in my life when I finally grew up. With the fear and pain gone, I also found something I'd lost: happiness. It's a glorious feeling, happiness. It makes that moment of difficulty worth the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment